The health and well-being of our employees and guests is our highest priority.
Our Staff, Managers and Owners are committed to ensure that the risk of exposure to the virus that causes COVID-19 is minimized and our guest and work spaces are compliant with COVID19 return to work guidelines on health, hygiene, sanitization and safety. The health and well-being of our employees and guests is our highest priority.
We will be practicing the following safety measures; building upon the rigorous and strict sanitization standards we have had in place for years. This is by no means an exhaustive list but includes the following:
- Guests will not be seated at Sunny’s A Modern Diner until the entire party has arrived.
- Guests must wait outside in a socially responsible manner until their table is ready.
- All guests visiting Sunny’s A Modern Diner will be required to use hand sanitizer prior to entering.
- Hand sanitizer stations are available throughout Sunny’s A Modern Diner for guest use.
- All surfaces within the restaurant will be sanitized thoroughly between each use.
- Washrooms will be sanitized every 30 minutes.
- Our menus are in a vinyl menu case and will be sanitized before and after each use. If you prefer, you can view our entire menu online at SunnysModernDiner.com
- Mingling and table hopping is not permitted.
- As requested by our Provincial Health Officer, guests must provide contact details so they can be reached should a potential exposure be identified.
- All employees will follow strict hygiene protocol at all times.
- All managers will check in with employees as they arrive for their shift. If they present any signs of illness they will not enter the building.
- If you are not feeling well, have tested positive for the virus, have a cough, or suffering from a sore throat, please do not enter our space. We hope you will return when you are feeling better.
- Contactless payment options are available and our POS terminal is sanitized between use.
- Due to the current Provincial Health order, beginning on Monday, September 13, guests of Sunny’s a modern diner will be required to provide proof of vaccination for dining.
Our complete Return to Work Manual & Covid Safety Plan is available here.